All-American Cheeseburger Soup…
All-American Cheeseburger Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 14½ ounce cans reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed and coarsely chopped
- 1 14½ ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 8 ounce package shredded cheddar and American cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 cup whole milk
- Toasted buns or rolls (optional)
- Toppings, such as pickles, onions, lettuce, mustard, and/or ketchup (optional)
- In 4-quart Dutch oven cook beef, onion, celery, and garlic over medium heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon; drain off fat.
- Sprinkle flour over beef mixture; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and potatoes. Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, cheese, tomato paste, ketchup, and mustard. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and smooth and soup just comes to gentle boiling. Stir in milk; heat through. If desired, serve with toasted buns and cheeseburger toppings.