Barbecue Beef Brisket and Beans…
Barbecue Beef Brisket and Beans
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 medium onions, sliced and divided
- 2 kg beef brisket, trimmed of fat
- 1½ cups barbecue sauce (we used Fountain Barbecue Sauce 40% Lower Sugar)
- 1 cup water
- 2 x 400-g tins cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- Coat the base and sides of a slow-cooker pot with olive oil.
- Add three-quarters of the onion to the pot. Top with brisket and remaining onion.
- Mix barbecue sauce and water in a separate bowl; pour into pot.
- Cover and cook on low heat until brisket is tender when tested with a fork, 6 to 7 hours.
- Transfer beef to a chopping board and cover to keep warm. Leave to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, skim fat from pot and reserve onion sauce.
- Combine 1½ cups of the onion sauce, and beans and rosemary in a saucepan; heat through. Slice brisket, top with more sauce and serve with beans.