Boozy Biscotti Iced Coffee
- 4 1/2 ounces coarsely ground coffee (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 3 1/2 cups cold water
- 2 cups cold water
- 8 ounces chilled amaretto
- 2 ounces chilled Pernod
- Milk, for serving
- Place the coffee grounds in a 2-quart pitcher, add the water, and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and let steep at room temperature for at least 12 hours and up to 1 day.
- Line a fine-mesh strainer with a standard coffee filter and fit it over a medium bowl. Working in batches, slowly pour the coffee into the filter until all of the liquid has passed through the strainer (the coffee will pass through in a slow stream; don’t force it through); stop when you reach the solids at the bottom of the pitcher (don’t pour them in). Discard the grounds and the contents of the strainer.
- Wash and dry the pitcher. Transfer the strained coffee into the pitcher. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 2 hours or up to 5 days.
- When ready to serve, add the water, amaretto, and Pernod to the strained coffee and stir to combine. Serve over ice, passing milk on the side.
Guru to the Outdoors http://gurutotheoutdoors.com/