Carrot Ribbon Cake…
Carrot Ribbon Cake
- Carrot Cake:
- - 2½ cup(s) all-purpose flour
- - 2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- - 2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- - 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- - 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- - 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- - 4 large eggs
- - 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- - ½ cup(s) packed brown sugar
- - ¾ cup(s) vegetable oil
- - ¼ cup(s) orange juice
- - 1 can(s) (8-ounce) crushed pineapple in juice, drained (3/4 cup)
- - 1 pound(s) carrots, peeled and shredded (3 cups)
- - 1 cup(s) walnuts, chopped
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- - 12 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
- - 4 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine, softened
- - 1½ cup(s) confectioners' sugar
- - 1 pinch(s) salt
- - 2 large carrots
- - ¼ cup(s) granulated sugar
- - ½ cup(s) water
- Prepare cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 9- to 10-in. tube pan or Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In large bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat eggs and sugars 3 minutes or until pale. Beat in oil and orange juice until well blended. Reduce speed to low. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Fold in pineapple, carrots, and walnuts until evenly distributed. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. If necessary, use thin-bladed knife to release cake from sides of pan. Invert onto rack; remove pan. Cool completely.
- Prepare frosting: In large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar, and salt until fluffy.
- Prepare decorations: With vegetable peeler, peel carrots, then peel into long, thin ribbons. In 3-quart saucepan, heat sugar and water to boiling, stirring. Add carrot ribbons and cook 2 minutes; drain well, then pat dry.
- To assemble cake, frost top and sides. Decoratively arrange carrot ribbons all around. Assembled cake can be refrigerated up to 2 days. To serve, allow cake to come to room temperature; garnish with mint sprigs.
Source: good housekeeping