Cheesy Mexican Fondue…
Cheesy Mexican Fondue
- 1 14½ ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- ⅔ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped roasted red sweet pepper
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chile peppers, undrained
- 3 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese with salsa or jalapeno peppers or regular Monterey Jack cheese (12 ounces)
- 3 cups cubed American cheese (12 ounces)
- Assorted dippers (such as cubed corn bread* or toasted flour tortilla wedges)
- In a 3½- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine undrained tomatoes, onion, roasted sweet pepper, and undrained chile peppers. Add Monterey Jack and American cheese; toss gently to combine.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1½ to 2 hours. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm-heat or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours.
- Serve fondue with dippers, swirling pieces as you dip. If the fondue thickens, stir in a little milk. Makes 36 servings