Chocolate Gingerbread Cake…
Chocolate Gingerbread Cake
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 1½ teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoon(s) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon(s) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon(s) salt
- ¾ cup(s) (1½ sticks) butter (no substitutions), softened
- ¾ cup(s) packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup(s) blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 2 cup(s) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon(s) confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 12-cup decorative tree Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray.
- On sheet of waxed paper, sift together flour, cocoa, ground ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In large bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in fresh ginger. Reduce speed to medium; beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then molasses, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until combined, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack and carefully remove pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Source: good housekeeping