Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cheesecake…
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 2 cups finely crushed peanut butter-filled peanut sandwich cookies
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1¼ cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 15 miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, halved or coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Press mixture onto the bottom and about 1½ inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan that has a removable bottom. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan cook chocolate and whipping cream over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring frequently. Pour 1½ cups of the chocolate mixture into the crust-lined pan, spreading evenly. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Beat in brown sugar until combined. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour cream cheese mixture over chocolate layer in pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until a 2½-inch area around outside edge appears set when gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen crust from sides of pan; cool for 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack.
- Spread the remaining chocolate mixture over top of cheesecake. Top with peanut butter cups. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.