“Grown Up” Hot Chocolate…
“Grown Up” Hot Chocolate
- 4 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup whipped cream
- In saucepan over low heat, bring chocolate and half-and-half to simmer, whisking constantly. Simmer 1 minute or until mixture thickens slightly
- Remove from heat; whisk in liqueur and vanilla. Pour into four ½-cup demitasse or coffee cups.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped cream; dust with Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa (if desired).
- Serve immediately. Tip: Instead of amaretto, use 1 tablespoon hazelnut, coffee or orange liqueur or peppermint schnapps, or ½ teaspoon almond or peppermint extract.