Homemade Calamine Lotion
- 1/4 cup of fresh water (roughly)
- -4 teaspoons bentonite clay
- -4 teaspoons baking soda
- -1/2-1 tablespoon of sea salt
- -10-15 drops of tea tree or another essential oil, such as lavender or chamomile, or a combination
- -1/2 teaspoon glycerin (optional)
- -2-3 teaspoons pink kaolin clay (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the baking soda, salt, bentonite clay, and the kaolin clay if you’re using it.
- Add water, stirring constantly, until a paste starts to form. Continue to add water until desired consistency is reached-I usually use around a quarter cup, but it will depend on whether or not you include the pink kaolin clay.
- Add in your essential oils at this point, and the glycerin if you’re using it. Stir until thoroughly blended, and store in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
- You can keep this in the refrigerator for up to a week, but an easier way is to simply keep a jar of the dry ingredients blended together on hand. Then, when you need it, take a small spoonful of the powder and just add enough of the liquids to make your lotion as needed.
Guru to the Outdoors http://gurutotheoutdoors.com/