How to Make Sugar Cube Scrubs
- Add and weigh scales
- Glass bowl or jug
- Mold, ice cube mold, soap or chocolate mold, plastic tub
- 6oz Granulated cane sugar
- 2oz Sweet Almond Oil / Grapeseed Oil / Avocado Oil
- 3oz White melt and pour soap base
- Colouring, liquid or powder (optional)
- Fragrance oil or essential oil of your choice
- Other exfoliant of your choice i.e. poppy seeds, 1 tsp approx (optional)
- 1. First get to hand everything that you will need from the list below. It's important to have everything ready to hand because the scrub can set up quite quickly and catch you out if you are not prepared.
- 2.Add your bowl or jug to your scale, set it to zero. Cut up your white melt and pour soap into rough equal sized cubes. Add them to the bowl until your scale reads 3oz.
- 3. Transfer the jug to the microwave and melt the soap until every cube is just about melted – around 20 seconds for my microwave, yours may vary. Stir to ensure everything is melted. Careful not to boil the soap!
- 4. Remove jug from the microwave and stir the soap.
- 5. Add your fragrance oil or essential oil of your choice. If using fragrance oil designed for soaping, I add around 2 ml of fragrance. Add fragrance a little at a time until you get the level you are looking for. Stir until combined.
- 6. Add your liquid or powdered colouring. Add it a very little at a time. You can always add more but cannot take it out if you have added too much. Stir until combined.
- 7. Return the jug to the scale, set to zero. Add in your liquid oil slowly. You can add a single oil or you can blend several oils until you have added a total of 2oz in weight. Stir to combine.
- 8. If you are adding any additional exfoliants, like poppy seeds, add these now and stir in.
- 9. Get your mold ready close by.
- 10. Return your jug to the scale, set to zero and add 6oz of granulated cane sugar.
- 11. Stir, stir, stir quickly until the sugar is fully combined. Then quickly pour into the mold before it sets up. Scrape around the jug to get every last bit.
- 12. Now do the washing up while you wait for the scrub to completely set. Leave it to set at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 13. Once set, push on the back of your mold or twist to release the block. If you used an ice cube mold, your scrub is ready. If you made a big block, use a heavy knife to cut into bite size pieces, you choose how big or small you like them.
- 14. Package in a pretty box, jar or bag and label, decorate and give to the lucky recipient of your hard work. Congratulations.
Guru to the Outdoors http://gurutotheoutdoors.com/