Raspberry Martini Mousse Shooters
- 6oz white chocolate, melted (about 1 cup)
- 3 oz dark chocolate, melted (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1/2 cup confectioner sugar
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 4 oz raspberries, pureed
- Melt both chocolates. Using a small paint brush, lightly spot areas with dark chocolate. Then use a separate brush and cover walls of form with white chocolate transfer to freezer and chill for 5 minutes. Remove and apply a second coat and chill once more. The chocolate cups can be made 3 days in advance and kept at room temperature or stored in the refrigerator.
- Place heavy cream in a cold bowl, using a hand mixer, beat until soft peaks form. Add sugar and beat until combined and peaks hold with out a curve. Add in vodka and beat until combined.
- Turn off hand mixer and use a sturdy spatula or wooden spoon to fold in raspberry puree.
- I used confectioner sugar instead of granulated sugar since it dissolves more quickly and reduces the chance of over beating the cream to a curdled looking state.
- I did not push my raspberry puree through a sieve, but you may want to to avoid any seeds - confession, I was too lazy!
- Before you start mixing, place bowl and beaters in the freezer to chill. This will help to speed up the time it takes to set the raspberry martini mousse.
- To cut down the time skip the chocolate cups for shooter style glasses
Guru to the Outdoors http://gurutotheoutdoors.com/