Remedies for Cracked Heels…
The first step in treating cracked heels is getting rid of the excessive dryness in the skin. In order to do this, you need to apply an oil-based cream or moisturizer on your dry cracked heels at least twice a day. For best results, you should
- Soak your feet in some warm water for about 15 to 20 minutes, to soften the skin.
- Get rid of the dead skin, with the help of a file or a pumice stone
- Pat your feet dry gently, before applying the moisturizer
- Let the affected feet absorb the moisturizer for about 15 minutes
- Wear a pair of thick socks and leave it on for a couple of hours or preferably, overnight
You should notice a significant improvement in the cracks after following this exercise twice a day for a week. However, it is best to continue this routine regularly even after the cracks disappear.
Given below are a few remedies and self-care measures that will help you care for cracked heels at home
- Take a ripe banana and mash it thoroughly, till you have a thick paste. Apply this paste on your dry cracked feet, covering all the lesions completely. Leave the banana pulp on your skin for about 10 to 15 minutes, before rinsing your feet with warm water. This exercise should be followed every week.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon in a basin and add some warm water, a little shampoo and a teaspoon of petroleum jelly. Let your feet soak in this soapy solution for about 15 to 20 minutes, before rinsing and drying your feet.
- Melt a teaspoon of paraffin wax in a bowl and mix in an equal amount of mustard oil. Apply the mixture on to the fissures and leave it on overnight. Rinse your feet with warm water in the morning, before patting them dry, before patting them dry. This exercise should be followed daily, for about 2 weeks.
These home cures for cracked heels are quite safe; however, it is best to check with a doctor before trying any of them. Do check with a doctor in case you do not see any improvement in your dry cracked heels even after using these remedies for a week.